Any reference to “you” or “your” or “user” (if applicable) refers to you as the visitor, subscriber or user of the Platform and/or any features of functionalities on the Platform. Any reference to “we”, “our” and “us” shall refer to the Company.
The capitalised terms used in this Policy, but not defined in this Policy, shall have the meaning given to such terms in the Terms.
The Company values the trust the users place in the Company. Therefore, the Company insists upon the highest standards for secure communication and user information privacy.
Please read and understand this entire Policy carefully to learn about the Company’s information gathering, usage, storage, processing and dissemination practices. The Policy specified herein is subject to change at any time without notice. To make sure you are aware of any changes, please review this Policy periodically.
By accessing and/ or using the Platform and the Services, you agree and consent to the collection, transfer, use, storage, disclosure and sharing, in certain specific cases, of your information as described and collected by us in accordance with this Policy.
If you do not agree with the Policy, please do not use or access the Platform. You always have the option to not provide information by choosing not to use a service or feature or resource on the Platform.
Protecting the Privacy
All information submitted by the users on the Platform shall be safeguarded and protected. The Company is committed to protecting the privacy, confidentiality, accuracy and security of the personal information that it collects, uses, retains and discloses in the course of conducting business and providing the Services. This Policy will protect the data provided by you and will be used for the purposes of providing Services to you through the Platform and any other administration purposes relevant to any products/services provided by the Company.
Web browser Cookies
We may automatically receive and collect certain anonymous information in standard usage logs through our web server, including computer-identification information obtained from “cookies”.
Types of Information Collected
The Company collects several types of information which is primarily used to serve you better and maintain authenticity of services by identifying you. Details of such information (collectively called “Information”) are as follows:
- Personal Identification Information
Personal Information is the information collected that can be used to uniquely identify or contact you. We may collect personal identification information from you in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when you visit the Platform, register on the Platform, fill out a form, respond to a survey, or in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on the Platform. We will collect the personal information from you only if you voluntarily submit such information to us. You can always refuse to supply this information, except that it may prevent you from accessing or using any or all of the activities, services, features or resources available on the Platform. You may be asked for, as appropriate, any or all of the following personal information:
- Contact information, such as name, email address, phone number, address.
- Date of birth.
- Salutation/ Gender.
- Identification/ Verification code such as one time pass (OTP) etc.
- Unique identifiers such as your social media user information.
- Financial information such as your bank account details, credit card/ debit card number, billing address.
- Information regarding your interactions or transactions on the Platform.
- Any other ‘sensitive personal data or information as defined under the applicable laws in India.
- Information supplied by external APIs, if any.
The information from third-party providers or external APIs (such as the Google API) will be collected only if explicit consent and access is granted by users to do the same, during the signup process.
Please note that we do not knowingly collect or store personal data unless permitted by law or provided to us under a contract. If we learn that we have collected personally identifiable information from a child without lawful authorisation, we will delete that information from our database.
- Non-personal Identification Information
We may collect non-personal identification information about you whenever you interact with our Platform. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer or other communication device and technical information about your means of connection to our Platform, such as the operating system and the internet service provider utilised, an IP address, assigned to the computer which you use, the domain server through which you access the Platform, and other similar information. This Non-Personal Information would not assist us to identify you personally.
The Company may email you or post various surveys on the Platform. The surveys may request for your demographic information (age, gender, and familiarity with the Platform, your interests, content, products and Services) and you’re feedback on activities, services, features or resources available on the Platform.
- Customer Service Communications Information
The Company may collect Personal Information, Non-Personal or Other Information when you post or submit comments, questions, complaints or suggestions regarding Services.
- Other Information
The Company also collects information regarding your usage of the activities, services, features or resources available on the Platform. This other information includes, but is not limited to, pattern of use of Platform by you, pages visited, posts/comments made on any page of Platform etc.
Mode of Collection of Information
- When you use the Platform, we collect and store your Information which is provided by you from time to time. Our primary goal in doing so is to provide you a safe, efficient, smooth and customised experience. This allows us to provide activities, services, features or resources available on the Platform in a customised manner to make your experience safer and easier.
- In general, you can browse the Platform without telling us who you are or revealing any Personal Information about yourself. Once you give us your Personal Information, you are not anonymous to us. We may collect your Non-Personal Information, just by you browsing/ downloading the Platform. When collecting Personal Information from you we indicate which fields are required and which fields are optional. You always have the option to not provide information by choosing not to use a service or feature or resource on the Platform. We may automatically track certain information about you based upon your behaviour on the Platform. We use this information to do internal research on our users’ demographics, interests, and behaviour to better understand, protect and serve our users. This information is compiled and analysed on an aggregated basis. This information may include the link/ URL that you just came from (whether this URL is on our Platform / app or not), which URL you next go to (whether this URL is on the Platform or not), your computer browser information, and your IP address.
- If you transact with us, we collect some additional information, such as a billing address, a credit / debit card number and a credit / debit card expiration date and/ or other payment instrument details and tracking information.
- If you choose to post messages on our message boards, if available, or other message areas or leave feedback, we will collect that information you provide to us. We retain this information as necessary to resolve disputes, provide customer support and troubleshoot problems as permitted by law.
- If you send us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities or postings on the Platform, we may collect such information into a file specific to you.
Use of Information Collected
3.1 The Company undertakes not to disclose (includes selling, sharing and renting) your Personal Information collected by the Company at any time to any third party without your consent except in accordance with this Policy. However, the Company reserves the right to disclose Information in good faith:
- if required by law or any authority;
- to protect and defend rights and interests of the Company, employees/ agents of the Company , other users or the general public;
- to address concerns raised by a third party.
3.2 The Company uses Personal Information to provide its Services. To the extent the Company uses your Personal Information to market to you, we will provide you the ability to opt-out of such uses. We use your Personal Information to identify and authenticate users; understand your needs and confirm your application information and assess your eligibility for services; establish and maintain communication, and to respond to your inquiries; investigate and settle your claims/requests, and determine your eligibility for benefits;, resolve disputes; troubleshoot problems; help promote a safe service; billing and collect money; measure consumer interest in our products and services, inform you about Services, and updates; customize and improve your experience; detect and protect us against error, fraud and other criminal activity; enforce our terms and conditions; meet regulatory requirements; and as otherwise specified in the Policy.
3.3 We collect passively tracked data primarily for purposes of administering, protecting and improving our Platform and our systems, to better understand the preferences of our site visitors, to identify server problems, to compile aggregated statistics about site usage, and to help personalize your experience on our site.
3.4 We also use Information to curate the relevant articles and other content.
3.5 By using this Platform, you hereby authorize the Company to contact you via calls, mails and/or text messages or by any other similar means using the contact details so provided, to furnish you with information regarding our various services currently available or as may be added or made available at any future date. In the event you do not wish to receive such information, you may unsubscribe to the facility.
3.6 In our efforts to continually improve our product and Service offerings, we collect and analyse demographic and profile data about our users’ activity on our Platform.
3.7 We identify and use your IP address to help administer our Platform. Your IP address is also used to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information.
3.8 We may occasionally ask you to complete optional online surveys. These surveys may ask you for contact information and demographic information (like postal/ zip code, age, or income level). We use this data to tailor your experience at the Platform, providing you with content that we think you might be interested in and to display content according to your preferences.
3.9 The Company may also use all the data and information, generated in the course or on account of provision of Services, on an anonymous basis for analytics purposes.
3.10 Information collected can be used by the Company within the Company or by its affiliates/ contractors/ agents for analysis and determination of statistics, demand and supply, pattern of usage etc.
3.11 The Company may use the user’s data collected from external APIs (such as the Google, or other service providers which the Company integrates with the Services from time to time) for the purpose of allowing them to access and use the activities, services, features or resources available on the Platform.
3.12 The Company may retain the user’s information for as long as their account is active or as needed to provide them the services, comply with the Company’s legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce the Company’s agreements. Please note, the user’s information may remain stored in archive on the Company’s servers even after the termination of the user’s association with the Company.
Sharing of Information
- With Service Providers
We may share your Information, on a need to know basis, with third parties that provide services to help with our business activities. These third parties are authorized to use your Personal Information only as necessary to provide certain services to us, including but not limited to:
- Providing cloud infrastructure;
- Sending transactional and service communications and social media advertising services;
- Sending marketing communications;
- Providing customer service;
- Conducting research;
- Providing data analytics services;
- Providing safety and security services;
- Conducting research or performing surveys;
- Payment processing and facilitation; or
- Other professionals engaged by the Company viz., consultants, lawyers, accountants, and other professional service providers.
- With Other Third Parties
We may share your Information with other third-party business partners strictly on a need to know basis, for the purpose of enhancing our Services or providing additional services on request. If you do not want us to share your Personal Information with third-party business partners, please contact us at the contact information below.
Additionally, we may share your Information if we choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets with third parties. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this Policy. We may also share, sell or transfer your Information, only limited to your name, email address, contact information, with other third parties in accordance with the applicable law.
- With consent
The Company may share a user’s personal data other than as described in this Policy, with prior consent of such user.
Link to other website
- The Platform may contain certain hyperlinks to other websites. While the Company’s Platform is subject to this Policy, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any other website that are linked to this Platform. Any information you provide to these other websites will be subject to their respective privacy policies. We therefore recommend that you read the privacy statement for each third party site you visit.
Rights and Obligations of the Users
To help the Company protect Information, the users are required to maintain the privy of login credentials and other information required by them to access or use the Platform. The users are also prohibited from communicating information provided by the Company to a third party unless required by law or in compliance with agreements entered between users and the Company.
You are always free to review and edit your Personal Information uploaded on the Platform. You shall always have an option to withdraw your consent for collection and use by the Company of your Information by intimating the Company about such withdrawal by writing to the Company at the below mentioned contact information. In case, you withdraw your consent for collection, storage and use of your information by the Company, the Company shall be entitled to restrict, control or terminate your access and use of all or any of the activities, services, features or resources available on the Platform.
Disclaimer as to Loss
Although, the Company has ensured the security of Personal Information collected, considering the open nature of internet, such Information may be accessed by unauthorised entities/ software/ codes in a cyber-security incident. The Company assumes no liability whatsoever with respect to access of Information in case of a cyber-security incident.
8.1 The Company adopts generally accepted, reasonable data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of the your Information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on the Platform.
8.2 The Company deploys reasonable security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under its control. Once the user’s information is in the Company’s possession the Company adheres to reasonable security guidelines, protecting it against unauthorized access.
8.3 The user’s information will primarily be stored in electronic form however certain data can also be stored in physical form.
8.4 The Company may also use such Information for purposes of safety, security, fraud prevention and detection, and research and development for as long as it retains such information.
8.5 Only authorized personnel have access to your Information. Our systems and procedures are designed to prevent the loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction of your information. Our commitment to security extends to the contracts and agreements that we sign with external suppliers and service providers. We will retain your Information only as long as is required for the purposes for which it was collected and/or any legal or regulatory requirements. We shall only make use of, disclose and/or store your Personal Information in a secure and confidential manner.
8.6 We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us. However, no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use industry best practices to protect your Personal Information, we do not guarantee its absolute security.
The Platform stores all data with the Cloud Platform provided by [Hostinger etc.](“Cloud Provider”) which may store this data on its servers located at [Mumbai]. The Cloud Provider has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information. You acknowledge that the standards followed by the Cloud Provider are not within control of the Company and are liable to change from time to time. You agree that it is in your interest to review from time to time the security standards, practices and policies adopted by the Cloud Provider to confirm that there are no changes that you are not comfortable with.
You acknowledge that the standards followed by the Cloud Provider are not within control of the Company and are liable to change from time to time.
1. Changes to this Policy
2. Withdrawal of Consent
You shall always have an option to withdraw your consent for collection and use by the Company of your information by intimating the Company about such withdrawal by writing to the Company at the below mentioned contact information. In case, you withdraws your consent for collection, storage and use of your information by the Company, the Company shall be entitled to restrict, control or terminate its access and use of all or any of the activities, services, features or resources available on the Platform.
3. Contact Information
Address: 21 A Land Breeze 52 Pali Hill Bandra West, Mumbai, Mumbai City, Maharashtra, India, 400050